Pilgrims Hospices is looking for an organised Warehouse Operative to join our team at Tivoli Brooks, helping with the sorting, storing and distribution of charity shop stocks, ensuring that relevant stock is set aside for appropriate shops as and when they need it.
As a Warehouse Operative you will support the day to day running of the Warehouse and Logistics Operation. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Sorting, Storing and Distributing non-furniture stock to be sold in our retail stores
- Identifying donations that would sell in specialist shops or on Ebay
- Demonstrating good housekeeping when sorting and storing goods
- Preparing and pricing stock
The post holder must ensure that Supervisor duties are completed to a high standard, in line with standards expected within a Warehouse environment.
This is a full-time role (35 hrs per week) and is based at Pilgrims Hospice Tivoli Brooks. The successful candidate should be flexible, able to work Monday to Sunday in a regular shift pattern and be able to do additional hours from time to time, covering sickness and holidays. You will be provided with free on-site parking.
To be a successful Warehouse Operative you should:
- Have a clean driving license
- A good standard of general education
- Ability to work without supervision and maintain pride in your work
- A flexible attitude and ability to work as a part of a team
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our hospices offer:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- A great work-life balance with realistic working hours
- Free onsite parking
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card Membership Scheme
- Standard Life Workplace Pension. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme
- Access to Dover Counselling Services
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity pay to match the NHS
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside passionate people
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
How to Apply
To learn more about this role, please download the full job description document as attached.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please complete the online application form.
As part of our commitment to be an inclusive employer, ensuring fairness and consistency in selecting the best candidate for this role, identifying details will not be considered during our selection process.