Pilgrims Hospices is seeking a full-time Wellbeing Practitioner Team Leader to lead the Wellbeing Practitioner team cross-site within Pilgrims Therapy Centres in east Kent.
Do you have a background in clinical wellbeing practise?
Do you have experience working in a relevant health or social care environment?
Do you have management experience of leading a multi-disciplinary team within the clinical care environment?
- Through holistic needs assessment
- Providing individually planned care informed by patient wishes
- Supporting patients and their families/carers to have open and honest conversations about their wishes for end-of-life care
If so, then the role of Wellbeing Practitioner Team Leader at Pilgrims may be just the job for you!
Pilgrims is seeking well-motivated and forward-thinking professionals to join its multi-disciplinary team, supporting patients across east Kent.
As a member of the Therapies and Wellbeing team, the successful candidate will be involved in corporate day-to-day activities supporting the quality, growth and success of a much-valued charitable organisation.
Key duties include:
- Providing motivational leadership
- Providing planned care and education to patients and their carers
- Being responsible for improving the patient experience and safeguarding of care by creating an environment in which excellence in clinical care can flourish
- Managing and monitoring the Wellbeing Practitioner, as well as the volunteer element of the Therapy Centres, with the support of the Head of Service and HR
- Working collaboratively with other clinical team leads, and ensuring that staff conduct themselves in accordance with Pilgrims CODE at all times
- Providing advice and guidance related to symptom management
- Recognising and appropriately responding to changes in patients’ conditions
- Acting as an independent prescriber
- Actively contributing to service development
- Being involved in the supervision and education of other health professionals
- Undertaking evidence-based projects and audits
- Making recommendations for the development of and changes to working practices and processes, as required
Recognising the need to support employees in working within this particular field, we provide an extensive range of support measures to ensure your success, including:
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Regular quality interactions with our clinical and non-clinical teams
- Strong working relations with other members of the multi-disciplinary teams
- Ongoing training and CPD/career development
- Access to a range of resources to ensure our staff have access to help and support where and when they need it
- Regular self-care and development sessions
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end-of-life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
At Pilgrims Hospices we have a simple Vision:
“of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our organisational and charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our organisational behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that will enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision-making.
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
As an employer of choice, our commitment to supporting our employees and volunteers is a key priority.
Our Health & Wellbeing Strategy is an important step in ensuring the sustainability of our workforce, and clearly outlines our strategic intentions to improve employee capability, resilience, and engagement, to adapt to and embrace change as the health sector continues to develop.
Our hospices offer:
- Modern, friendly and highly professional working environments
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- Alignment with NHS pay rates and continuity in membership of the NHS pension scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
- A good work-life balance
- Locations across well-populated areas of east Kent – all providing very good road and rail links
- NHS and financial discounts e.g. Blue Light Card
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice.
If you think this is your ideal role and want to join us and contribute to providing high-quality patient care and support to those at the end of their life, please apply now!