A huge thank you to everyone who joined us for this year’s ride.
Pilgrims Hospices Cycle Challenge will return on Sunday 6 May 2018.
Below, find information about Pilgrims Hospices Cycle Challenge 2017 to give you an idea of what future events might look like.
In 2017, Kent’s biggest charity ride #returned for it’s eighth year# (news/homepage-news/pilgrims-cycle-challenge-success). We challenged you to get on your bike and explore the beautiful Kent countryside with friends, family and colleagues. Attracting more than 1,200 riders each year, our Cycle Challenge is designed for cyclists of all abilities.
You could ride it your way by choosing one of three distances:
The Classic – 45 miles The Challenge – 75 miles The Century – 100 miles
- Early Bird entry: £25 (closed 13/3/17)
- Standard entry: £30 (closed 23/4/17)
- Venue: The Pavilion, University of Kent, Canterbury CT2 7SR
- Date: Sunday 30 April 2017
What was new?
We listened to feedback from participants and made some exciting improvements for 2017, aiming to enhance your experience further.
All routes started from, and finished at, a brand new event village at the University of Kent near Canterbury. More than just a registration area, it included trade stands, renowned Dr Bike mechanics, sports massage, local cycling interest groups, hot food and drinks and much more, so that participants enjoyed all the excitement of a cycling festival. Ample free parking was available across the campus.
We tweaked our popular ride routes to make them even more enjoyable. For those looking to take their ride up a gear we introduced a few extra challenges along the way, including the notorious Stowting Hill. Participants got to explore the landscape of east Kent like never before, all the time knowing that, with every pedal, they were making a huge difference to the lives of people living with a life limiting illness.
#Download the event information pack for Pilgrims Hospices Cycle Challenge 2017# (Pre-event-info-pack-2017.pdf).
- #Download a Pilgrims Hospices sponsorship form# (Pilgrims-Sponsorship-Form-2015-1.pdf)
- #Routes for 2017# (uncategorized / years-routes)
- #Training rides# (uncategorized / training-rides)
- #How to boost your sponsorship# (supporting-pilgrims-hospices / fundraising-pack / fundraising-checklist)
- Make a JustGiving page
- #See how money you raise can help# (supporting-pilgrims-hospices/fundraising-pack/how-your-contribution-will-help)
- #FAQs# (cycle-challenges-frequently-asked-questions).
Pilgrims Hospices Cycle Challenge 2017 was kindly sponsored by: