Pilgrims Hospices is looking for Volunteer Complementary Therapists at all of its sites – Canterbury, Ashford & Thanet.
At Pilgrims, complementary therapies are a valuable part of the holistic care offered to patients and their loved ones, helping to promote relaxation and wellbeing , improve self-confidence, and ease anxiety, pain, and spiritual distress.
Pilgrims offer a wide range of individual therapies and treatments, including aromatherapy, reflexology, reiki, and hand and foot massage.
Volunteer Complementary Therapists will support the wider Complementary Therapy team in treating in-patients, out-patients, Pilgrims Therapy Centre patients, and their carers. They will also work as part of the multi-disciplinary team and liaise with them at all times.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Offering a patient-centred approach to complementary therapy
- Liaising with the multi-disciplinary team in connection with any treatment to be given
- Maintaining complete confidentiality in accordance with Pilgrims Hospices policy
- Identifying and reporting any worries or concerns regarding hospice patients to the complementary therapy co-ordinator or a lead physician/nurse
- Explaining treatment offered to a patient before undertaking the treatment and obtaining their or next of kin’s consent, in line with agreed hospice policies and procedures
- Reporting any health and safety issues
- Adhering to the code of conduct and ethics
- Being flexible in attitude and approach
- In the event that you’re unwell, going on holiday, or unable to undertake your shift, you must inform a Complementary Therapist or the Hospice Service Manager as soon as possible
Find out more and apply
For further information about this opportunity, please see the role description below.
To apply, please download and complete an application form and send to Justine Robinson, Therapies and Wellbeing Manager: