About Pilgrims Wellbeing and Social Programme
Are you, or is someone close to you, coping with a life limiting illness?
This new Pilgrims programme is available for patients in east Kent who are in the later stages of a life limiting illness and their families. It aims to enhance their wellbeing, in mind and body.
The Wellbeing and Social Programme is free for anyone who has been referred by their GP or healthcare professional. It is held at Pilgrims Therapy Centres in Canterbury, Thanet and Ashford.
We know that having the support you need can help you stay independent, improve symptoms and make a difference in enabling you to live each day well.
What matters most to you?
These programmes have been designed with you in mind. Each programme is tailored to the individual. We work alongside your GP or healthcare professional to help you identify the best option for you. All the programmes are flexible to allow you the right support when you need it most.
We can offer:
- Therapeutic programmes: Our team of therapists run a range of programmes to help you feel better and do more. Many of the sessions take place in one of our therapy gyms where you can keep active and independent with gentle exercises taught by these therapists. Other sessions allow you to learn medication-free ways to manage your symptoms, such as breathlessness and anxiety.
- Creative programmes: Music and art are increasingly recognised as having potential to enhance individual wellbeing.
- Social programmes: A chance to meet and connect with other patients and to gain an understanding of the full range of Pilgrims services available. These popular sessions take place in a relaxed social environment with practical advice to enable you to maintain your independence.
- Education programmes: Pilgrims Advanced Care Planning education programme allows you to plan your future care and share your wishes with friends, family and healthcare professionals involved.
- Carers’ programmes: We believe family and friends play an essential role in supporting patients. Pilgrims Wellbeing and Social Programme provides practical, emotional and social support for carers. This support extends into our bereavement programme too.
- View all Wellbeing and Social Programmes