SAGE & THYME
Do you know how to talk to someone who is worried or distressed?
This workshop teaches clinical and non-clinical staff, at all levels, evidence-based communication skills to help you talk to someone who is worried or distressed.
This 3-hour SAGE & THYME foundation-level workshop teaches:
- A memorable, structured approach for getting into and out of a conversation
- How to empower patients and carers who are worried or distressed
- Communication skills that are evidence-based
Suitable for healthcare professionals and all non-clinical teams that have patient and family contact.
SAGE & THYME model/structure
- Setting If you notice concern – think first of the setting, create some privacy – sit down.
- Ask “Can I ask what you are concerned about?”
- Gather Gather all of the concerns – not just the first few – “Is there something else?”
- Empathy Respond sensitively – “You have a lot on your mind.”
- Talk “Who do you have to talk to or support you?”
- Help “How do they help?”
- You “What do YOU think would help?”
- Me “Is there something you would like ME to do?”
- End Summarise and close – “Can we leave it there?”
Cost: £69 per person
Venue: Ann Robertson Centre, 55 London Road, Canterbury CT2 8HQ
- Tuesday 27 June 2023, 13:30-16:30
- Tuesday 3 October 2023, 13:30-16:30
- Tuesday 5 March 2024, 13:30-16:30