Grief Awareness & Compassionate Conversations
- Understand how grief can affect us and recognise normal reactions to grief
- Gain awareness of the need for bereavement support and know what bereavement support looks like
- Supporting bereaved people: effective listening and communication skills practice
- Looking after yourself
Who is it for?
Target Audience: Non-clinical people, voluntary organisations, community groups, corporate.
This course is for anyone who may come into contact with bereaved adults and want to offer their support – in your workplace supporting colleagues, clients, and customers perhaps, or in your local community groups. The session looks at how the normal grief process works and what bereavement support can be helpful and includes tips on developing skills to have compassionate conversations with bereaved people.
Cost: £50 per person
Dates and locations:
- 29 January 2024, 9:00am-12:00pm, Ann Robertson Centre, 55 London Rd, Canterbury, CT2 8HQ
- 9 April 2024, 9:00am-12:00pm, Pilgrims Hospice, Hythe Rd, Willesborough, Ashford, TN24 0NE
- 18 July 2024, 1:00pm-4:00pm, Pilgrims Hospice, Ramsgate Rd, Margate CT9 4AD
- 7 October 2024, 9:00am-12pm, Ann Robertson Centre, 55 London Rd, Canterbury, CT2 8HQ
Please note: This is an education and training course and is not intended to be a bereavement support service.
If someone you know is affected by grief and would like to know more about bereavement support, please visit: