Advanced Communications Skills Training
Using a blended learning approach, we offer an evidence-based consultation framework along with other key communication skills and behaviours and test these on real examples drawn from your practice, in a safe and supportive learning environment.
Through discussions, exercises and the extensive use of roleplay with experienced actors, this course gives delegates the opportunity to develop, practice and consolidate their clinical communication skills.
Pre-coursework (60 minutes): Preparation and questionnaire
2-day experiential workshop: Application: practice and feedback
Transfer to practice: Resources, reflection support
• Update and refresh evidence-based skills and principles for effective communication
• Discuss challenges such as breaking bad news, advance care planning, handling anger or distress, difficult conversations with colleagues
• Practice essential skills and principles, receive constructive feedback and test out alternative strategies
• Take away communication strategies that can be transferred to any interpersonal or professional context
Advanced Communications Skills Training workshops are suitable for senior health and social care professionals – Band 6 (NHS) equivalent and above.
Testimonials from course participants
“I was very nervous about the role play and video recording but it was one of the most beneficial things I have ever experienced professionally.”
“One of the best courses I have attended. I learned a lot from the “role playing”. Excellent course. I definitely recommend this to others. Thank you so much.”
“This was honestly the most helpful, enjoyable education course I have been on in my whole career to date. The facilitator was fantastic! Thank you so, so much!”
Cost: £575 per person
Venue: Ann Robertson Centre, 55 London Road, Canterbury, Kent CT2 8HQ
This two-day course runs from 09:00 – 18:00 (approx.)
- Thursday 21 and Friday 22 September 2023
- Thursday 28 and Friday 29 September 2023
- Thursday 5 and Friday 6 October 2023
- Thursday 19 and Friday 20 October 2023
- Thursday 9 and Friday 10 November 2023
- Thursday 7 and Friday 8 December 2023
- Thursday 14 and Friday 15 December 2023
Click here to download Pilgrims Hospices’ course Terms and Conditions.
To request a booking form, please call 01227 812 616 or email email@example.com.