Effective communication between patients and clinicians is fundamental to the delivery of high-quality end-of-life care. Research has shown that communication skills can be improved through experiential learning. Through discussions, exercises and the extensive use of roleplay, this course gives delegates the opportunity to develop, practice and consolidate their clinical communication skills.
I’ve just used the breaking bad news techniques we worked on and I felt much more confident. I think it was a more effective communication for my patient and his wife.
Suitable for senior clinicians and senior Allied Health Professionals, including:
- Nursing staff Grade 6 and above: Cancer clinical nurse specialists, palliative care CNS, community matrons, senior grade nurses on cancer/palliative care wards
- Doctors: Consultants, final year registrars, staff grades working as clinical, medical and surgical oncologists, palliative medicine physicians and others such as dermatologists, haematologists and chest physicians whose work involves cancer patients
- Allied Health Professionals, senior-level including clinical psychologists, psychotherapists and counsellors
- Cancer-specific social workers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and radiographers
- Dietitians, dental assistants and socio/sexual therapists
Cost: £575 per person
Venue: Ann Robertson Centre, 55 London Road, Canterbury, Kent CT2 8HQ
- Thursday 7 and Friday 8 July 2022 Fully booked
- Thursday 8 and Friday 9 September 2022 Fully booked
- Thursday 22 and Friday 23 September 2022 Fully booked
- Thursday 3 and Friday 4 November 2022
- Thursday 24 and Friday 25 November 2022
- Thursday 1 and Friday 2 December 2022
This two-day course runs from 09:00 – 17:30.
Pilgrims Hospices employees should book via their line manager and SelectHR.
If delegates need to cancel a course, the following cancellation charges apply:
Days prior Percentage returned
28 days + 100%
27 – 14 days 50%
13 – 0 days 0%
It may be possible, at the time of cancellation, for delegates to transfer to a similar course taking place at a later date or to change the name of the attendee, subject to availability and notice given.