Walk, jog or run the Isle of Wight Challenge for Pilgrims this April
10mi / 25km / 30km / 53km / 82km or 106km challenge
Great challenges need great settings– and few are better than the Isle of Wight’s stunning coastal path. Up to 2,000 adventurers will take on the Isle of Wight Challenge in May 2024– who are ready to push themselves further than ever before. The challenge will take you along the spectacular southern cliffs, past the iconic Needles, and up to historic Cowes at the half way stop. For Full Island challengers you will continue to historic Ventnor, and then back to our welcome base camp in Chale after an epic 106km journey. You’ll get full support and hospitality all the way, and with 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 Island Challenges to choose from- and new ‘Cross Island’ and 10 mile ‘Medina Estuary’ options also available there’s an Isle of Wight Challenge for everyone!
Choosing to fundraise for Pilgrims Hospices with your walk, jog or run around the Isle of Wight, will support us in continuing to care for over 2,500 people each year who are facing an incurable illness across east Kent.
- Pre-event training guides & access to the challenge app
- Hot meals, drinks and snacks en-route
- Pace walkers, marshals, medics and massages
- Fully signed route
- Finisher’s medal, t-shirt and a glass of bubbly
- Shuttle buses & transfers
- Relay option and corporate packages available – round up your colleagues!
With 80% of our hospice funding coming through voluntary donations from our local community, the difference your support makes cannot be overstated. Every £25 that you raise could pay for another hour of specialist nursing care in one of our inpatient units.
Once you’ve decided on your challenge distance, there are three ways to fund your entry:
- Self-funding – you pay the full cost of the event place with no minimum fundraising commitment – just raise as much as you can!
- Charity sponsorship – you pay a reduced registration fee, and providing you reach the fundraising goal, Pilgrims will cover the cost of your event place
- Mixed funding – you pay half of the event place cost yourself, and providing you reach the fundraising goal, Pilgrims will pay the balance of the event place cost
Please note: when taking part in Ultra Challenge events you are asked to pledge to raise a sponsorship target when registering for ‘charity sponsorship’ and ‘mixed funding’ options. The sponsorship target depends on the distance of your challenge– full challenge, half challenge, or quarter challenge.
For full details of prices and to sign up: www.ultrachallenge.com/isle-of-wight-challenge
The Ultra Challenge Series
The Ultra Challenge series offers twelve inspiring endurance events that you can walk, jog, or run to raise vital funds for Pilgrims Hospices. Whether it’s a 25km walk, a testing 50km jog, or a 100km marathon, there’s something for all fitness levels and ages.
Ultra Challenge events are all-inclusive with an extremely high level of hospitality. They include regular rest stops with drinks and snacks, fully signed routes (so you won’t get lost) and hot meals to keep you going.
Passing by stunning scenery, meeting new friends, and discovering hidden resilience and spirit, few can describe their elation when crossing the finish line.