‘Tis the season to join us for the jolliest jog of the year
Celebrate the countdown to Christmas by dashing along the Folkestone Leas with hundreds of fellow Santas in aid of local hospice care.
Santas on the Run! is coming to Folkestone on Sunday 5th December 2021. We’re excited for the return of our festive, family fun run in Folkestone so please gather your Santa’s little helpers, big and small, and join in with Kent’s biggest Santa run series!
Entry includes a 5-piece Santa Suit and a medal. You’ll enjoy festive music as you prepare for your 3k or 5k route along the seafront! All Santas will dash through the Lower Leas Coastal Park. While the 3k Santas circle back to Folkestone Harbour through the Lower Leas Coastal Park, the 5k Santas will continue through the park and return to Folkestone Harbour along Folkestone promenade, alongside beach views.
Santas on the Run! is an event for everyone, so gather your friends, family, colleagues or neighbours to enjoy the magic of Christmas together.
Please be aware that Santas on the Harbour! has a maximum capacity of 500 participants and entry will close as soon as capacity is reached, so we highly advise that you register early to avoid disappointment.
Every pound you raise will make a difference to the families being cared for this Christmas. You’ll be helping patients and their families enjoy the festive season together and make memories that they can treasure.
This Christmas your fundraising could pay for:
- £1 could pay for a patient to enjoy a mince pie and custard in the run up to Christmas
- £12 could pay for a patient’s Christmas dinner
- £20 could pay for a physiotherapy session to help patients stay active and enjoy festive games with their family on Christmas day
- £50 could pay for a Christmas tree to decorate our hospice family rooms
- £100 could pay for a therapy session for a child coping with the loss of a loved one over the festive season
You can choose from a 3k or 5k route starting at:
- Folkestone Harbour Arm, Folkestone CT20 1QQ
- Sign-in will open at 9:30 and the fun run will begin at 11:00
Please note: these routes are subject to final confirmations and Santas will be updated should there be any route changes.
Santas on the Harbour! has a maximum capacity of 500 participants. Entry will close as soon as capacity is reached so early entry is advised to avoid disappointment.
If capacity is reached before the event, on the day entry will not be available.
Early bird entry (closed)
Advanced entry (closes 28 November)
- Adult: £16
- Under 18: £10
- Family ticket: £40 (2 adults, 2 children under 18)
On the day
- Adult: £20
- Under 18: £10
- Family ticket isn’t available on the day
Entry includes a 5-piece Santa Suit and a medal for each fun run.
Under 3s go free no matter when you sign up.
Challenge yourself to do all 3 and sign up to our Santas on the Run! Tri-Series here!
Santa Suit Collections
To help you prepare for Santas on the Harbour! on Sunday 5 December, we have Santa Suit collection evenings to help you turn up on the day suited and booted:
- Date: Wednesday 1 and Thursday 2 December 2021
- Time: 15:00 – 18:00
- Location: Macknade Fine Foods, Elwick Place, Elwick Road, Ashford TN23 1AX
We kindly ask that you attend the Santa Suit collection for the Santas on the Run! event that you are registered for.
Those registered for the tri-series can collect all three of their Santa Suits from any of the three collection venues.
Santas on the Run! couldn’t raise the fantastic amount it does for Pilgrims Hospices without the kind sponsorship of Wahl and the support of our well-being partners Active Life and Shepway Sports Trust.
COVID related information
After a hiatus in 2020 due to the global pandemic, we have introduced some significant revisions to the 2021 Santas on the Harbour! to ensure that the event is as safe as possible and government guidance will be monitored in the lead up to the event event. Key measures include:
- Fully open-air event
- A maximum of 500 participants will be able to take part
- Touch-free check-in process for pre-registered participants
- Socially-distanced, one-way queuing systems at the event and toilet facilities with hand sanitiser and face covering usage encouraged
- Participants are encouraged to take a lateral flow test before attending the event
- Open your JustGiving page
- Download a Pilgrims Hospices sponsorship form
- Top tips for raising sponsorship
- Sign up to volunteer
- Download a Parental Consent Form