Take part in a Pilgrims virtual fundraiser and be a #StayHomeHospiceHero
Pilgrims Hospices are Still Here; Still Caring for patients and their families. To support us in continuing our vital work, we are inviting you to take on your very own virtual fundraiser and be a #StayHomeHospiceHero.
Your virtual fundraiser could be anything, from hosting a virtual quiz night or exercise class, to shaving your head, running a marathon in your garden, taking part in Donate your Commute or asking people to guess the weight of your freshly baked cake. It’s time to get creative, and raise much needed funds for local hospice care!
It’s easy to be a #StayHomeHospiceHero, there’s just 3 simple steps:
- Choose your fundraiser! This can be anything that you enjoy, or that you think others will enjoy taking part in or watching you complete. Some of the best ideas come from sharing what you’re passionate about and seeing others getting involved too. Get inspired by heading over to our Facebook community, Pilgrims #StayHomeHospiceHero, to check out what others are doing, share your ideas and join in the fun today.
- Turn social distancing into distant socialising! You don’t have to be together to come together. Through platforms like Instagram, Skype, Zoom, Twitch, Whatsapp, Houseparty and more, it’s never been easier to connect and share your fundraiser live from the comfort of your own home.
- Ask your audience to donate! All you need to do is set up a JustGiving page to accept donations for your fundraiser. Once you’ve created your page, simply tell all of your friends & family, and share it on your social media platforms alongside your virtual fundraiser. Don’t forget to share it in the Facebook community – Pilgrims #StayHomeHospiceHero.
While for many of us ‘doing our part’ during the current health crisis means staying at home, Pilgrims Hospices nurses and support staff are Still Here; Still Caring and are continuing to provide skilled and compassionate end-of-life care for people living with life-limiting illness across east Kent.
You can do your part for local hospice care by being a #StayHomeHospiceHero and hosting a virtual fundraiser for Pilgrims. This will raise funds to support our care of patients and their families during these challenging times. With around 80% of our funding coming from our local community, every £25 raised would pay for an hour of nursing care for a patient on one of our wards; making them comfortable, alleviating pain and enabling them to live well for the time they have.
If you’re hosting a virtual fundraiser to be a #StayHomeHospiceHero we’d love to hear from you!
- You can email your virtual fundraiser idea to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll support and motivate you through your virtual fundraiser and offer you tips & advice for your fundraising.
- You can complete our ‘tell us what you’re planning’ form and we’ll get in touch with you to support your fundraiser and give you fundraising advice.
- Our Facebook community, Pilgrims #StayHomeHospiceHero, is a great space for you to share your ideas, inspire your community, motivate others to get involved and to support others taking on a virtual fundraiser. At this current time, the more spaces available for us to communicate and socialise, the better! So, head over to Facebook and join our community – Pilgrims #StayHomeHospiceHero and get involved in the fun.
As a thank you for being a #StayHomeHospiceHero, everyone who tells us about their virtual fundraising via email@example.com will receive a certificate for participation and fundraising.
By doing your part and hosting a virtual fundraiser for Pilgrims Hospices, you’ll truly be making a difference from your home, here’s how:
- £10 could pay for a patient’s meals for the day
- £25 could pay for an hour of specialist nursing care
- £30 could pay for our Community Team to hold a video consultation with a patient in their own home
- £45 could pay for a virtual counselling session for an individual coping with the loss of a loved one
- £90 could pay for all the medicine needed at one of our inpatient units over 24 hours
- Make a JustGiving page
- Download a Pilgrims Hospices sponsorship form
- Join our Facebook community, Pilgrims #StayHomeHospiceHero
- Download a Pilgrims Hospices sponsorship form colouring sheet
- Tell us what you’re planning form
- Top tips for raising sponsorship
- How to set up a JustGiving page
- See how money you raise can help