Walk, jog, or run the London 2 Brighton Challenge for Pilgrims!
25km / 33km / 42km / 58km / 75km / 100km Challenge
London 2 Brighton is the original ‘Ultra Challenge’– and is where 2,000 adventurers will take on the Capital to Coast route and test their grit & determination. Richmond-Upon-Thames is where you’ll start, and then it’s over the North Downs to Turners Hill, which will take you to your half way point. You’ll be walking through the beautiful countryside of Surrey and Sussex, before Brighton’s coastline comes into view. You’re then on the home straight to Brighton Racecourse, where the welcome sight of the finish line awaits you! The journey is amazing, and with some training and determination, anyone can conquer London 2 Brighton. Will you do it for Pilgrims?
You’ll get full support & hospitality all the way– and with quarter, half, three quarter, marathon & full distance options available– there’s a classic challenge for everyone! Choosing to fundraise for Pilgrims Hospices with your walk, jog, or run from London 2 Brighton will support us in continuing to care for over 2,500 people each year who are facing an incurable illness across east Kent.
- Pre-event training guides & access to the challenge app
- Hot meals, drinks and snacks en-route
- Pace walkers, marshals, medics and massages
- Fully signed route
- Finisher’s medal, t-shirt and a glass of bubbly
- Shuttle buses & transfers
- Relay option and corporate packages available – round up your colleagues!
With 80% of our hospice funding coming through voluntary donations from our local community, the difference your support makes cannot be overstated. Every £25 that you raise could pay for another hour of specialist nursing care in one of our inpatient units.
Once you’ve decided on your challenge distance, there are three ways to fund your entry:
- Self-funding – you pay the full cost of the event place with no minimum fundraising commitment– just raise as much as you can!
- Charity sponsorship – you pay a reduced registration fee, and providing you reach the fundraising goal, Pilgrims will cover the cost of your event place
- Mixed funding – you pay half of the event place cost yourself, and providing you reach the fundraising goal, Pilgrims will pay the balance of the event place cost
Please note: when taking part in Ultra Challenge events you are asked to pledge to raise a sponsorship target when registering for ‘charity sponsorship’ and ‘mixed funding’ options. The sponsorship target depends on the distance of your challenge.
For full details of prices and to sign up: www.ultrachallenge.com/london-2-brighton-challenge
The Ultra Challenge Series
The Ultra Challenge series offers twelve inspiring endurance events that you can walk, jog, or run to raise vital funds for Pilgrims. Whether it’s a 25km walk, a testing 50km jog, or a 100km marathon, there’s something for all fitness levels and ages.
Ultra Challenge events are all-inclusive with an extremely high level of hospitality. They include regular rest stops with drinks and snacks, fully signed routes (so you won’t get lost) and hot meals to keep you going.
Passing by stunning scenery, meeting new friends, and discovering hidden resilience and spirit, few can describe their elation at crossing the finish line.