Walk, jog or run the South Coast Challenge for Pilgrims Hospices
25km, 50km or 100km challenge
The South Downs National Park is a superb backdrop for an unforgettable South coast adventure. Starting at Eastbourne, you’ll set off up Beachy Head and follow the magnificent Seven Sisters chalk cliff line along the South Downs Way. A Brighton mid-point, Devil’s Dyke, stunning views, sunset, and sunrise all lie ahead before the cathedral spire of historic Arundel comes into view – a welcome finish after 100km and an amazing personal journey achieved. Sign up for the South Coast Challenge for Pilgrims and achieve something really special!
Choosing to fundraise for Pilgrims Hospices with your walk, jog or run along the South Coast will support us in continuing to care for over 2,500 people each year who are facing an incurable illness across east Kent.
- Hot meals, drinks and snacks en-route
- Pace walkers, marshals, medics and massage
- Fully signed route
- Shuttle buses & transfers
- Finisher’s medal, t-shirt and a glass of bubbly
- Optional training walks & event app
- Corporate packages available – round up your colleagues!
Once you’ve decided on your challenge distance, there are three ways to fund your entry:
- Self-funding – you pay the full cost of the event place with no minimum fundraising commitment – just raise as much as you can!
- Charity sponsorship – you pay a reduced registration fee and, providing you reach the fundraising goal, Pilgrims will cover the cost of your event place
- Mixed funding – you pay half of the event place cost yourself and, providing you reach the fundraising goal, Pilgrims will pay the balance of the event place cost
Please note: when taking part in Ultra Challenge events you are asked to pledge to raise a sponsorship target when registering for ‘charity sponsorship’ and ‘mixed funding’ options. The sponsorship target depends on the distance of your challenge – full challenge, half challenge or quarter challenge.
For full details of prices and to sign up: www.ultrachallenge.com/south-coast-challenge
The Ultra Challenge Series
The Ultra Challenge series offers 14 inspiring endurance events that you can walk, jog or run to raise vital funds for Pilgrims. Whether it’s a 25km walk, a testing 50km jog or a 100km marathon, there’s something for all fitness levels and ages.
Ultra Challenge events are all-inclusive with an extremely high level of hospitality. They include regular rest stops with drinks and snacks, fully signed routes (so you won’t get lost) and hot meals to keep you going.
Passing by stunning scenery, meeting new friends and discovering hidden resilience and spirit, few can describe their elation at crossing the finish line.