Pilgrims Hospices is seeking Spiritual Care Volunteers to support Spiritual Care Leads with the pastoral, spiritual and religious care of Pilgrims patients and their families.
The Spiritual Care Volunteer will be required to work within the hospice in-patient unit and Therapy Centre, providing pastoral, religious and spiritual support to hospice patients and their families, as well as to hospice staff and volunteers, in line with the hospice’s framework of care.
As agreed with the Spiritual Care Lead, this may include, but is not limited to:
- Offering active listening and emotional support where needed
- Exploring spiritual and religious questions with individuals within own capability
- Supporting/facilitating and/or leading prayers, where requested and appropriate
- Sharing in Pilgrims memorial and remembrance services
- Making appropriate referrals to the Spiritual Care Lead and hospice multi-disciplinary team
- Being involved in wider activities such as wellbeing and social groups
Find out more
For further information about this opportunity, please see the role description below or contact Sophie Van Walwyk, Head of Psychosocial and Wellbeing Services, leaving some contact information and details of when it may be convenient for her to call you to chat about the role:
Download and complete an application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.