COVID-19 (Coronavirus) updates
Monday 12 April 2021
In line with the government's roadmap, our shops are now re-open. Please check individual shop pages here for shop opening times.
All shops are COVID secure and have social distancing measures in place. You may be required to wait outside as we have customer limits for all shops.
All shops are accepting donations. Please call your preferred shop before arriving, as some are only accepting donations at certain times.
Our furniture collection service is now re-open and taking bookings on 01227 640 000.
We really appreciate all your support.
For current information about all Pilgrims Hospices services, including Pilgrims shops, during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, please visit pilgrimshospices.org/covid-19
We love to receive donations so we can turn them into vital funds to support our services.
We accept any good quality saleable items including clothes, household goods, furniture, items of interest, electrical items (provided they're in good, working condition) and anything else you think could raise money for Pilgrims.
Please note: The only type of TVs we accept are flat screens.
Alongside our general outlets, we also have several specialist shops:
- Retro items can be donated to our vintage shops in Canterbury, Folkestone and Tenterden
- We love donated books for our Pilgrims bookshops in Canterbury, Dymchurch and Margate
- Good quality furniture is always a welcome donation at our outlets in Ashford, Chartham, Cheriton, Dymchurch, Margate and Whitstable.
To arrange a furniture collection with us please call 01227 640 000.
Donating to Pilgrims can provide your company with a practical, cost-effective and environmentally friendly way of disposing of your unsold products and equipment. Samples and promotions, returns and seconds, and surplus or out of season stock could be used to raise money for Pilgrims care.
How to donate
Retail van collections at our hospice sites
We're pleased to be able to recommence our popular Retail van collections at each hospice site in Ashford, Canterbury and Thanet. These are currently scheduled for May-November 2021 as follows:
- Pilgrims Hospice Ashford, 10:00-11:00 on the last Wednesday of the month
- Pilgrims Hospice Canterbury, 09:00-10:00 on the last Thursday of the month
- Pilgrims Hospice Thanet, 09:00-10:00 on the last Tuesday of the month
The van will be in the hospice car park; at Ashford, it will be in the lower car park.
In line with current government guidance, Pilgrims van staff will wear face coverings and we ask that donors do, too.
Please note: Retail van collection dates may be subject to change if government guidance around COVID changes.
If you can bring your items to us that will increase the value of your donation, but we understand that some donations are just too big to transport. If you can't bring your donation to us, we can - in most cases - arrange a collection.
Get in touch
- General shop enquiries: 01227 640 001
- eBay donations: 01227 640 002
- Furniture collections: 01227 640 000.