Do you know how to talk to someone who is worried or distressed?
This workshop teaches clinical and non-clinical staff, at all levels, evidence-based communication skills to help you talk to someone who is worried or distressed.
This 3-hour SAGE & THYME foundation-level workshop teaches:
- A memorable, structured approach for getting into and out of a conversation
- How to empower patients and carers who are worried or distressed
- Communication skills that are evidence-based
Suitable for healthcare professionals and all non-clinical teams that have patient and family contact.
SAGE & THYME model/structure
- Setting If you notice concern – think first of the setting, create some privacy – sit down.
- Ask “Can I ask what you are concerned about?”
- Gather Gather all of the concerns – not just the first few – “Is there something else?”
- Empathy Respond sensitively – “You have a lot on your mind.”
- Talk “Who do you have to talk to or support you?”
- Help “How do they help?”
- You “What do YOU think would help?”
- Me “Is there something you would like ME to do?”
- End Summarise and close – “Can we leave it there?”
Cost: £69 per person
Venue: Ann Robertson Centre
- Thursday 9th June 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- Monday 11th July 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- Tuesday 20th September 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- Thursday 27th October 1.30pm to 4.30pm
You only need to attend one workshop.
Please note: Should a virtual and interactive session apply; each individual person attending is required to have access to their own individual screen with microphone and camera.
We cannot facilitate the training with multiple people using the same screen etc.