This two-hour workshop enables Registered Nurses to familiarise themselves in the handling and setting up of McKinley T34 syringe drivers.
It aims to provide an opportunity to reinforce knowledge and experience in the setting up, monitoring and re-priming of McKinley T34 syringe drivers when used to deliver subcutaneous infusion of medication for end-of-life care.
The course learning outcomes are:
- Demonstrate understanding of the rationale for use of a syringe driver in palliative care;
- Understand how to set up, prime and check a McKinley T34 syringe driver;
- Gain an understanding of potential problems and their management when using this syringe driver.
- Completion of the CME online learning module provided for McKinley T34;
- Awareness of the use of syringe drivers in practice.
Format: Two-hour workshop
Suitable for Registered Nurses
Cost: £20 per person
- 11th September 2019
- 18th November 2019
Sessions take place 10am – 12pm and 2pm – 4pm; delegates should choose one time slot on their preferred course date.
Venue: Ann Robertson Centre, 55 London Road, Canterbury, Kent CT2 8HQ