Trek Mount Toubkal and camp the Sahara 4 – 10 July 2019 – only 5 days off work.
Experience the best of Morocco from the highest point in North Africa to the wild scenery of the northern Sahara Desert. Climb Mt Toubkal (4167m) on a 2 day trek through the rugged and beautiful Atlas Mountains. The adventure continues with a road trip through the Dades Valley and breathtaking Todra Gorge to the Sahara before a camel trek to a traditional Berber camp. Sleep off your adventure under the Milky Way like you’ve never seen it before, then return to Marrakech for a final night of celebration!
You’ll join a group of like-minded people to share in the adventure, all supported by local, English speaking guides and porters.
- 2 days of climbing Mt Toubkal
- 3 days of desert adventuring
- 6 nights of accommodation (1 mountain refuge, 4 hotels, 1 Berber camp)
- Local, professional, English-speaking guides
- Cook, mules and muleteers for the Mt Toubkal trek
- Full board on the Mt Toubkal trek
- Breakfast and dinners on the desert adventure
- Round-trip camel ride into the Sahara
- Private 4×4 or minibus transportation between locations
Active travellers who want to experience the range of landscapes Morocco has to offer and enjoy the challenge of climbing a high peak. Very good physical condition and fitness is needed, though no technical skill required.
What extra costs are there?
The following are not included in the tour price:
- Flights to/from Marrakech
- Lunches during the desert adventure
- Travel insurance that covers mountain climbing
- Personal expenses
- Tips for your guides (optional)
What do I need to do?
This is a self-funded, 7-day adventure. The tour costs £460 and you can secure your place with just a 20% deposit (£92). Full details can be found on the Much Better Adventures website here.
We ask that by taking on this incredible adventure you pledge to raise at least £500 sponsorship in support of Pilgrims Hospices.
Come to our information evening
Want to find out more and ask questions to people who have conquered Mt Toubkal before? Sign up to attend our free Mt Toubkal Information Evening on Friday 1st February 2019 (6pm-7pm) at the Ann Robertson Centre, London Road, Canterbury, Kent CT2 8JA.
Contact name: Robert Grew
Phone: 01227 812 609