Trek through the Himalayas to the summit of Poon Hill and help a Nepalese hospice. 30 October – 10 November 2021
Pilgrims Hospices introduces a unique opportunity to explore the high-altitude trails of the Himalayas in Nepal’s Annapurna region, combined with the chance to get involved in supporting a Nepalese hospice. Surrounded by mighty snow-capped peaks, you’ll spend five days trekking through alpine forests. Enjoy panoramic views of one of the most breath-taking mountain ranges on Earth, culminating in time spent helping to refurbish a local hospice project. Experience stunning scenery and memorable moments.
As a group we supported each other and pushed ourselves to our limits. Everyone on the trek had experience of hospice care. We shared stories but our journey was filled with joy and much laughter. When I made it to the top of the famous Poon Hill in time to watch the sunrise over the mountains, I was exhausted but it was all worth it. I felt the lump in my throat as I thought of my husband, my friends and all those who had sponsored me – it was a truly amazing feeling!
Pam, Nepal Trekker
You’ll join a group of like-minded people to share in the adventure, all supported by local, English speaking guides and porters.
- 5-day trek across the Himalayas
- Return flights from London (UK) to Kathmandu (Nepal)
- All transfers and transport in Nepal
- Trek permits
- 10 nights of accommodation (4 nights in 3* hotels, 2 nights in a guesthouse in Pokhara, 4 nights in teahouses along the trek)
- Full board across for the duration of the trip
- Local, professional, English-speaking guides and support crew
Active travellers who are looking to experience a once in a lifetime trek of the Himalayas with the opportunity to emerge themselves in the country’s rich and diverse culture and make a difference to a local community hospice project. Very good physical condition and fitness is needed, though no technical skill required.
What extra costs are there?
The following are not included in the tour price:
- Travel insurance that covers mountain climbing
- Personal expenses
- Nepal visa
- Tips for your guides (optional)
- Personal trekking kit
There are two methods for getting involved with our adventure into the Himalayas:
Sponsorship option: secure your place on the once in a lifetime trek with a registration fee of £295 plus commiting to raising at least £3,990 sponsorship in support of Pilgrims Hospices.
Self-funding option: you can fund the trip yourself for just £1,995 plus a registration fee of £295 and fundraise as much as you can for local hospice care in east Kent.
What are the next steps?
Once you’ve decided that you are up for the challenge of tackling the Nepal Himalaya Trek and you’ve selected your fundraising option, the next steps are very simple.
- Complete and submit the online booking form
- Once your application has been received by our partners, Different Travel, they will ask you to secure your place on the trip with the £295 registration fee.
- Pilgrims Hospices will then be in touch to welcome you to #TeamPilgrims and the countdown to your trek will begin!