Christmas comes early in our festive, family fun run
Online advance entry for Santas on the Bay! has now closed. But don’t worry, you can still join in on the day. Simply head to the On the Day registration desks located at Herne Bay Clocktower between 9am – 10:40am to enter.
‘Tis the season to join the jolliest jog of the year as you dash along Herne Bay seafront with hundreds of fellow Santas in aid of local hospice care.
Santas on the Run! is back for its fourth year on Sunday 28th November 2021, so please gather your Santa’s little helpers, big and small, and join in Kent’s biggest Santa run series!
Entry includes a 5-piece Santa Suit and a medal. You’ll enjoy festive music as you prepare for your 3k or 5k route along the seafront!
Santas on the Run! is an event for everyone, so gather your friends, family, colleagues or neighbours to enjoy the magic of Christmas together.
Please be aware that Santas on the Bay! has a maximum capacity of 700 participants and entry will close as soon as capacity is reached, so we highly advise that you register early to avoid disappointment.
Every pound you raise will make a difference to the families being cared for this Christmas. You’ll be helping patients and their families enjoy the festive season together and make memories that they can treasure.
This Christmas your fundraising could pay for:
- £1 could pay for a patient to enjoy a mince pie and custard in the run up to Christmas
- £12 could pay for a patient’s Christmas dinner
- £20 could pay for a physiotherapy session to help patients stay active and enjoy festive games with their family on Christmas day
- £50 could pay for a Christmas tree to decorate our hospice family rooms
- £100 could pay for a therapy session for a child coping with the loss of a loved one over the festive season
You can choose from a 3k or 5k route starting at:
- Herne Bay Clock Tower, Central Parade, Herne Bay CT6 5JQ
- Sign-in will open at 9:30 and the fun run will begin at 11:00
Santas on the Bay! has a maximum capacity of 700 participants. Entry will close as soon as capacity is reached so early entry is advised to avoid disappointment.
If capacity is reached before the event, on the day entry will not be available.
Early bird entry (closed)
Advanced entry (closed)
On the day
- Adult: £20
- Under 18: £10
- Family ticket isn’t available on the day
Entry includes a 5-piece Santa Suit and a medal for each fun run.
Under 3s go free no matter when you sign up.
Challenge yourself to do all 3 and sign up to our Santas on the Run! Tri-Series here!
Santa Suit Collections
To help you prepare for Santas on the Bay! on Sunday 28 November, we have Santa Suit collection evenings to help you turn up on the day suited and booted:
- Date: Wednesday 24 and Thursday 25 November 2021
- Time: 16:30 – 18:30
- Location: Ann Robertson Centre, 55 London Road, Canterbury CT2 8HQ
We kindly ask that you attend the Santa Suit collection for the Santas on the Run! event that you are registered for.
Those registered for the tri-series can collect all three of their Santa Suits from any of the three collection venues.
Santas on the Run! couldn’t raise the fantastic amount it does for Pilgrims Hospices without the kind sponsorship of Wahl and the support of our well-being partners Active Life and Shepway Sports Trust.
COVID related information
After a hiatus in 2020 due to the global pandemic, we have introduced some significant revisions to the 2021 Santas on the Bay! to ensure that the event is as safe as possible and government guidance will be monitored in the lead up to the event event. Key measures include:
- Fully open-air event
- A maximum of 700 participants will be able to take part
- Touch-free check-in process for pre-registered participants
- Socially-distanced, one-way queuing systems at the event and toilet facilities with hand sanitiser and face covering usage encouraged
- Participants are encouraged to take a lateral flow test before attending the event
- Open your JustGiving page
- Download a Pilgrims Hospices sponsorship form
- Top tips for raising sponsorship
- Sign up to volunteer
- Download a Parental Consent Form