Take on the Isle of Wight Challenge for Pilgrims across 10 – 11 July 2021
Isle of Wight Challenge
Great challenges need great settings – and there’s none better than the Isle of Wight’s stunning coastal path. Whether you’re taking on the 106km full route, or the brand-new 50km route, the Isle of Wight Challenge includes spectacular coastlines, dramatic white cliffs and sandy beaches. Each of the challengers will have their special reasons for taking it on, and all will experience a test of determination and stamina. It’s tough but achievable, and highly rewarding. So, join the Isle of Wight Challenge and make it a weekend to remember whilst raising much needed funds for local hospice care.
Fundraising for Pilgrims Hospices with your walk, jog or run around the Isle of Wight this May will support us in continuing to care for over 2,500 patients each year, both in the patients home and in our three inpatient units in Ashford, Canterbury and Margate.
- Hot meals, drinks and snacks en-route
- Pace walkers, marshals, medics and massage
- Fully signed route
- Finisher’s medal, t-shirt and a glass of bubbly
- Shuttle busses & transfers
- Pre-event training walks & event app
- Relay option and corporate packages available – round up your colleagues!
With 80% of our funding coming through voluntary contributions from our local community, the difference your support makes cannot be overstated. Every £25 that you raise could pay for one hour of specialist nursing care in one of our inpatient units.
- Charity sponsorship – you pay a small registration fee, fundraise as much as you can and we cover the cost of your event place
- Mixed funding – pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise as much as you can and we pay the balance of the event place cost
- Self-funding – you pay the full cost of the event place and fundraise as much as you can
Please note: when taking part in Ultra Challenge events you are asked to pledge to raise a sponsorship target when registering for ‘charity sponsorship’ and ‘mixed funding’ options which are dependent on the distance of your challenge – full challenge, half challenge or quarter challenge.
The Ultra Challenge Series
The Ultra Challenge series offers twelve inspiring endurance events that you can walk, jog or run to raise vital funds for Pilgrims. Whether it’s a 25km walk, a testing 50km jog or a 100km marathon, there’s something for all abilities. These challenges are perfect for people of any fitness level, with softer options for beginners and ‘ultra’ options for those really going for it – along with all those in between!
Ultra Challenge events are all-inclusive with an extremely high level of hospitality. They include regular rest stops approximately every 12.5km, with drinks and snacks, a fully signed route (so you won’t get lost) and hot meals to keep you going.
Passing by stunning scenery, meeting new friends and discovering hidden resilience and spirit, few can describe their elation at crossing the finish line.