Grief Awareness & Bereavement Risk Assessment
- Understand the terms bereavement, grief, and mourning
- Explore theories that help to explain the grieving process
- Recognise normal reactions and responses to grief
- Recognise signs of prolonged grief
- Understand anticipatory grief
- Gain awareness of the need for bereavement support
- Know what bereavement support looks like
- Identify risk factors and resilience factors in grief
- Understand compassion fatigue and the importance of self-care
Who is it for?
Target Audience: Health & social care staff
This course is for anyone working in health and social care who supports bereaved adults within their role. The session looks at theories of grief, normal v complex grief reactions, bereavement risk factors, and bereavement support.
Cost: £50 per person
Dates and locations:
- 7 May 2024, 1:00pm-4:00pm, Ann Robertson Centre, 55 London Rd, Canterbury, CT2 8HQ
- 23 September 2024, 1:00pm-4:00pm, Ann Robertson Centre, 55 London Rd, Canterbury, CT2 8HQ
Please note: This is an education and training course and is not intended to be a bereavement support service.
If someone you know is affected by grief and would like to know more about bereavement support, please visit: