Take on the London 2 Brighton Challenge for Pilgrims on 29-30 May 2021!
London 2 Brighton Challenge
Richmond, West London, Saturday morning and 3,000 excited challengers eagerly await the start in the tented village. There’s 100km of paths and trails, the North Downs, South Downs and some wonderful Sussex countryside to explore before the coastline comes into view and the welcome finish line awaits down the home straight of Brighton Racecourse. The journey is amazing, and with some training and determination anyone can conquer London 2 Brighton. Will you do it for Pilgrims?
Fundraising for Pilgrims Hospices with your walk, jog or run from London 2 Brighton this May will support us in continuing to care for over 2,500 patients each year, both in the patients home and in our three inpatient units in Ashford, Canterbury and Margate.
- Hot meals, drinks and snacks en-route
- Pace walkers, marshals, medics and massage
- Finisher’s medal, t-shirt and a glass of bubbly
- Fully signed route
- Shuttle buses and transfers
- Optional training walks & event app
- Relay option and corporate packages available – round up your colleagues!
With 80% of our funding coming through voluntary contributions from our local community, the difference your support makes cannot be overstated. Every £25 that you raise could pay for one hour of specialist nursing care in one of our inpatient units.
- Charity sponsorship – you pay a small registration fee, fundraise as much as you can and we cover the cost of your event place
- Mixed funding – pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise as much as you can and we pay the balance of the event place cost
- Self-funding – you pay the full cost of the event place and fundraise as much as you can
Please note: when taking part in Ultra Challenge events you are asked to pledge to raise a sponsorship target when registering for ‘charity sponsorship’ and ‘mixed funding’ options which are dependent on the distance of your challenge – full challenge, half challenge or quarter challenge.
The Ultra Challenge Series
The Ultra Challenge series offers twelve inspiring endurance events that you can walk, jog or run to raise vital funds for Pilgrims. Whether it’s a 25km walk, a testing 50km jog or a 100km marathon, there’s something for all abilities. These challenges are perfect for people of any fitness level, with softer options for beginners and ‘ultra’ options for those really going for it – along with all those in between!
Ultra Challenge events are all-inclusive with an extremely high level of hospitality. They include regular rest stops approximately every 12.5km, with drinks and snacks, a fully signed route (so you won’t get lost) and hot meals to keep you going.
Passing by stunning scenery, meeting new friends and discovering hidden resilience and spirit, few can describe their elation at crossing the finish line.