By leaving a gift in your will, you'll help to ensure that each person in east Kent with an incurable illness receives the right care where and when they need it.
Pilgrims Hospices work began more than 35 years ago, with the vision of one nurse – Ann Robertson – who pledged to make sure that no one in east Kent would have to cope with a terminal illness alone. It’s a promise that we work hard to keep, with the help of our hugely generous community.
people who have left us a legacy gift in their will
Whether you already have a will or you’re planning to write your first will, amending or writing your will is easy to do. It’s best to visit a solicitor to make sure your wishes for your family and any charities can’t be misunderstood later on.
each year to thousands of people with a terminal illness across east Kent
It is so easy
Every gift, however large or small, makes a difference whether it is a small percentage or a modest sum. If you are considering such a gift, all you need to give your professional adviser are the following details:
- Pilgrims Hospices, 56 London Road, Canterbury, CT2 8JA
- Registered Charity Number: 293968
- And the type of gift (cash or a percentage of your estate)
Thank you - Your gift is incredibly special and will help us grow for everyone needing us.
Our promises about gifts in Wills
- We promise not to intrude on your privacy about this way of giving
- We will never ask you the size or type of legacy if you decide to support our work in this way
- We recognise that those closest to you, such as family and friends, come first in your Will
- We will never ask you to tell us your intentions, but if you tell us your intentions we are then able to say thank you!
- We understand that personal circumstances change and there might be a time when you must take Pilgrims Hospices out of your Will
- We promise to use your gift wisely for the benefit of future generations
Help making your will
Making or amending a will raises many important questions. We understand you will want to think about these in your own time, on your own terms and with your family and loved ones in mind.
We’re here to guide you through the process step by step.
Make a Will Month
Pilgrims Hospices Make a Will Month takes place each February and gives people an opportunity to make their will in a way that’s straightforward, while supporting Pilgrims at the same time.
Solicitor firms from across east Kent kindly donate their time and expertise to write wills for free, in return for a donation to Pilgrims. Suggested donations are £150 for a straightforward single will, or £250 for an uncomplicated double will. You're also welcome to donate more.
It’s also possible to agree a fee with your solicitor for more complex wills. Complex wills may involve a trust, or an arrangement that prevents or delays an outright inheritance of assets – such as if there are children from previous relationships or a member of the family with disabilities or illness who may need money held on their behalf.
However you take part in Make a Will Month, all money kindly donated will directly support Pilgrims to help people facing a terminal diagnosis, and their families, to live well in every moment.
Leave a lasting legacy
There's no obligation to include Pilgrims in your will, but if you choose to you’ll be doing something inspirational. It will cost you nothing now, but will help to secure the future of our services for more than 2,300 people each year.
Almost everyone in our local community knows someone who has, or could have, benefitted from the excellent work of our specialist medical staff.