In April and May firms across east Kent kindly donated their time and expertise to write Wills in return for a donation to Pilgrims Hospices.
Make a Will Month gives people the opportunity to make their Will, whilst supporting Pilgrims and ensuring we can continue to provide care to our local community throughout east Kent.
Solicitor firms from across east Kent kindly donated their time and expertise completely free of charge, to write Wills in return for donations to Pilgrims Hospices. This year, the six firms working with us collectively raised over £13,500 for hospice care, whilst helping our local community get their affairs in order. This is enough to care for a patient in one of our inpatient units for over 2 weeks, providing round the clock support and expert care.
Thank you to the participating solicitor firms
*Description of a complex Will
Whether a standard uncomplicated Will is suitable for you depends on your circumstances and needs. More complex Wills, often involving trusts, may be needed:
- If you have children from previous relationships, you may wish to ensure your partner / spouse is looked after but also to ensure your children receive their inheritance.
- If you have property abroad, UK Wills may not be enough on their own to deal with assets in foreign jurisdictions and you may need Wills in those countries to cover them.
- If you want to protect the inheritance of a beneficiary who is in receipt of benefits.
- If you are leaving out someone who has a right to apply to court to become a beneficiary (for example: former spouses who have not remarried, children or people you treat as your child, cohabitees, or others financially dependent upon you).
- If your assets are valued over £475,000 for individuals or £950,000 for couples you may have an Inheritance Tax liability to consider.
The above is not an exhaustive list. Participating firms will discuss your circumstances and needs with you and agree any additional fees with you before proceeding.