Pilgrims Hospices is looking for volunteer drivers to transport patients and carers to and from appointments and social and wellbeing groups and activities held in our Ashford hospice.
As well as being safe and reliable drivers, our volunteers provide calm and friendly companionship for our patients during their journeys.
Pilgrims Hospices supports patients with a terminal illness or life limiting condition, as well as their carers and family members. If you are calm, friendly, have your own car and can spare a minimum of 4 hours a week, we would love to hear from you.
In order to apply for this role you will need:
- A professional attitude
- Good listening skills
- A helpful and caring manner with a friendly disposition.
- An ability to work within agreed boundaries and maintain confidentiality
- Appropriate driving and vehicle/documentation and a current full driving licence
- An understanding of and empathy with the needs of patients/carers
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to keep accurate mileage records, in accordance with given procedures.
- Commitment and flexibility in being available at mutually agreed times
- To be able to work in an emotionally challenging environment
In return we will offer you the opportunity to make a positive difference in your community, a chance to develop new and existing skills and a friendly and supportive environment in which to volunteer. We will also provide ongoing support and training as necessary.
For further information about the opportunity, please contact Wendy Kelk, Hospice Services Manager, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com