Would you like to be part of Pilgrims Hospices’ amazing volunteer team?
We’re seeking Physiotherapy Support Volunteers to assist at a seated exercise group within the Therapy Centres at our Canterbury and Thanet hospices.
This volunteer role will typically be 3 hours per week.
Evidence suggests that volunteering has a positive impact on your health and wellbeing.
The key duties of the Physiotherapy Support Volunteer will be:
- To support the Physiotherapy Assistants in setting up before the group session and clear away at the end
- To attend pre- and post- group session briefings/handovers as required
- To meet, greet and register patients attending the group session
- To pro-actively engage in conversation with and befriend patients attending the group session, in a compassionate and empathetic way
- To support the Physiotherapy Assistants in managing and facilitating group sessions
- To participate in activities during the group session and support patients to participate in activities as required
- To assist the Physiotherapy Assistants with administrative tasks in relation to the group session, including making telephone contact with non-attenders where required
- To contribute to the evaluation of the group session
Find out more
For further information about this opportunity, please email email@example.com.